Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding
The City hosts free Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding events each year for Moorpark residents on Saturdays in January, May, and September. The events take place at the Moorpark Public Services Facility (627 Fitch Avenue, map) from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
2023 Event Dates
- Saturday, January 21: Appointments closed at 5PM on January 20
- Saturday, May 20: Appointments closed on May 15, but you may call (805) 517-6294 to be added to the wait list.
- Saturday, September 16: Thank you for your support! All appointment slots for this date have been filled.
E-Waste and Paper Shredding events are available by appointment only. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Electronic Waste Collection
Moorpark residents have many free options to properly dispose of electronic waste. Please visit our How Do I Dispose of... Guide for lists of locations that accept various types of electronic waste year-round. You may also take electronic waste to the City’s Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding events.
Additionally, you may dispose of electronic items by taking them to your waste hauler.
Contact Waste Management at (805) 522-9400 for hours and drop-off location information
The following types of E-Waste are accepted at City events:
- Televisions (all types of screens)
- Cell Phones (including accessories)
- VCRs and DVD Players
- Fax Machines
- Video Game Consoles and Controllers
- Fluorescent Light Tubes
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs)
- Household Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, 9V)
The following items are not accepted at the City’s E-Waste events:
- No Household Hazardous Waste (disposal options)
- No Items with Refrigerants (Refrigerators, Wine Fridges, etc.)
- No Car Batteries
- No Lamp Ballasts
- No Smoke Alarms or Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Moorpark residents may bring boxes or bags of paper documents for shredding, and we will shred everything on trucks immediately, on-site, usually at no cost!
The statewide Clean California program is a $1 billion, multi-year cleanup effort to remove roadway trash, create thousands of jobs and engage communities in beautification efforts to transform roadsides into places of pride. To learn more please visit the Clean California program website.
If you have any questions regarding the City’s Electronic Waste and Paper Shredding events, please E-mail or call (805) 517-6294.