Construction & Demolition Management Plan
The 2016 California Green Building Standards Code and the City of Moorpark Municipal Code § 8.36 SOLID WASTE Article VI. require a Construction & Demolition Materials Management Plans (C&DMMP’s) prior to issuance of building permits for large projects. The purpose of the C&DMMP’s are to reduce landfill waste and ensure that 65% of the scrap materials generated onsite are diverted for reuse and/or recycling. To determine if your building permit requires a C&DMMP and/or a deposit, please call or email the Building & Safety Division at (805) 517-6272 or email@example.com
Diversion Security Deposit - For very large projects and demolition permits, a refundable deposit may be required to ensure that 65% of the scrap materials generated onsite are diverted for reuse and/or recycling. Large projects will need to submit a refundable security deposit amounting to 3% of the project’s valuation, with a maximum deposit of $25,000 for single-phased projects or $50,000 for multi-phased projects. If a 65% diversion rate is achieved, the deposit will be refunded, minus any applicable review fees.
Within 90 days of the final project permit sign-off, you may request a refund for your diversion security deposit from the Department of Building & Safety. Please call (805) 517-6272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund application. Once the completed application is submitted including premium gate tickets from the hauler and/or C&D processing facility receipt documentation, one of the following refund determinations will be made:
- Full Compliance – full refund of the diversion security deposit, less the review fee of $380 per project phase.
- Good Faith Effort to Comply – full refund of the diversion security deposit, less the review fee of $380 per project phase.
- Failure to Comply – full security deposit will be withheld.
- Partial Refund – refund will be calculated at the same ratio as the demonstrated amount of diverted C&D material.
- Withdrawal of Permit Application – full refund of the diversion security deposit, so long as the project was cancelled prior to work commencing.
City staff will calculate the diversion rate achieved by the project and process a refund as applicable. If a project does not meet the diversion goal, the Diversion Security Deposit, or a portion thereof, will be forfeited.
The Construction & Demolition Materials Management Plan provides detailed information on the requirements of the program. If you have any questions on the application or program, please contact the Building & Safety Division at (805) 517-6272 or email@example.com