Solid Waste Division
Thank you for visiting the Solid Waste Division, which implements the City's solid waste ordinance and runs the City's solid waste reduction programs. Please use the following resources to learn how the City can help you reduce the amount of trash going to local landfills and help you clean up your homes and businesses!
- How Do I Dispose of...? - Need to get rid of something? Check here!
- Residential Trash Service - Get information on how to start service, or what your service includes.
- Commercial/Multi-Family Trash Service - Learn about commercial and multi-family service options and programs.
- Used Oil - Get free kits from the City to change your own motor oil, and take it to a collection center for free disposal.
- Composters and Free Mulch - Buy discounted composters, and get free mulch from the City.
- E-Waste and Paper Shredding Events - The City hosts three free E-Waste and Shredding Events each year.
- Free Landfill Days - Take your extra trash to the landfill...for free!
- Hazardous Waste - Take your household hazardous waste to free monthly collection events.
- Neighborhood Enhancement Program - Get free dumpsters for your neighborhood cleanup days.
- Construction and Demolition Plans - Learn about requirements for your large construction projects.
Note: Click map to download a larger PDF version.
Solid Waste Division Goals
The City is proud to meet the state requirements to divert a minimum of 50% of solid waste generated in Moorpark from landfill disposal. We accomplish this goal by promoting waste reduction and encouraging recycling, composting, and proper disposal of household hazardous wastes. The Solid Waste Program is funded by user fees and state grants for used oil collection and beverage container recycling.