Civic Center Master Plan
The Project site encompasses approximately 12.9 acres in the central, downtown area of the City of Moorpark in Ventura County, California. The Project site is located west of Moorpark Avenue/Walnut Canyon Road (State Route [SR] 23). Portions of the Project site are located on the north and south sides of West High Street. The Project site currently contains a mix of land uses associated with the existing Civic Center, including city hall, a community center/active adult center, a city library, portable structures, parking areas, and vacant undeveloped areas within the western portion of the Project site. The location and limits of the Project site are depicted in Exhibit 1, Regional Location and Exhibit 2, Local Vicinity.
The Project would consist of the phased development of a new City Civic Center within the Project site. The Project would include the following phases:
- During Phase 1, a new 18,000 square foot (sf) library with outdoor plaza would be constructed. The existing city hall would be re-purposed as 5,085 sf of office space, and the existing community center would remain as an active adult center. The existing library would be removed at the end of this phase once the library is moved to the new facility.
- During Phase 2, the west commercial site would be developed with approximately 13,000 sf of commercial uses, which would also include the development of a public park as part of that development.
- During Phase 3, the north site residential area would be developed with approximately 75 units at 25 du/acre. Phase 3 would include the removal of the existing city hall and community center/active adult center buildings.
- During Phase 4, a new 22,000 sf city hall and mercado would be constructed.
Library - Phase 1
- Link to the Parks and Recreation New Library Project Page
- The new City Library will require a Conditional Use Permit No. 2022-02. The application is pending.
Notice of Preparation (NOP)
Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), an Initial Study will be prepared and determine if the project could potentially have a significant effect on the environment. As a result of the analysis contained in the Initial Study, an Program Environmental Impact Report (PEIR) will be prepared. The City of Moorpark (City) is the lead agency and will prepare an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Civic Center Master Plan Project (Project). The City is soliciting comments from reviewing agencies and the public regarding the scope and content of the EIR.
Comment Period: The Notice of Preparation (NOP) comment period began on May 9, 2022 and ended on June 8, 2022.
- PEIR Scoping Meeting May 23, 2022
Community Services Manager