Moorpark City Library
The Moorpark City Library is temporarily closed to the public. Staff are available by phone Monday through Friday between 10am and 5pm to answer any questions and assist you with our digital resources. Please check www.moorparkca.gov/coronavirus for updates and more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my items are due? Will I accrue late fees?
The due dates for all checked-out materials have been and will continue to be extended until a week after the Library reopens. No late fees should accrue on materials that were originally due during the closure period.
Are there any library resources I can use while the library is closed? Yes! The Library provides a wide array of digital offerings, including e-books, movies, and homework help. Scroll down for more information on how to access these resources or explore the menu on the left hand side of this page.
Can I drop off my materials in the outside book drop?
We would prefer that you hang on to materials until we reopen but if you simply cannot wait, the outside book drop will be available.
What if some of my holds are ready for pick up?
Holds that are listed as ready for pick-up will be held until April 6. Please disregard the pick-up by date listed in your account.
I have a question about my account? Is there anyone that can help me?
If you have any questions about your account or how to access digital resources please call 805-517-6370. Staff will answer calls Monday-Friday between 10am and 5pm.
Library Resources You Can Access From Home
Browse our digital collection of books and audiobooks at https://mpkdigital.overdrive.com/
How to access e-books & e-audiobooks from Libby (OverDrive App):
- Install the Libby app from the app store on your Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), or Windows 10 device.
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card.
- Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically when you’re on Wi-Fi so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Shelf, you can:
- Tap Open Book, open Audiobook, or Open Magazine to start reading or listening.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew, Return, or Send to Device to send a book to Kindle
If you can’t get Libby on your device, you can try using the original OverDrive app or call the Library at 805-517-6370.
Access even more e-books through Enki at https://mpcl.enkilibrary.org/
- Library Journal SELF-e Select - unlimited downloadable collection of self-published SELF-e titles
- Short Stories & Essays - unlimited downloadable shorts and essay singles
- Recovered Classics - unlimited downloadable collection of classic literature
- Encyclopedias - unlimited downloadable reference encyclopedias
- 900 Graphic Novels from Dark Horse Press and Rosarium
How to Access Kanopy and start streaming:
- Access Kanopy at http://moorparkca.kanopy.com
- Click on the SIGN UP button in the upper right hand corner.
- Enter your first and last name, a valid email address, and a password. Then, click SIGN UP.
- Kanopy will ask you to verify your email address, so make sure you have access to your email account at this time. Go to your email account and verify the email that you just received from Kanopy.
- After you click on the VERIFY button in the email, go back to the Kanopy page. Then, click GO TO HOMEPAGE.
- Enter your library card and pin number. Then, click on SAVE.
- You are now signed in!
Browse the 30,000+ movies and documentaries that Kanopy has to offer. You have “7 credits” meaning that you can watch up to 7 movies per month.
Check out http://moorparkca.gov/500/Homework-Resources for a list and links to homework resources for students in grades k-12. Brainfuse is an excellent resource because it offers one on one tutoring and has a platform called MEET where people can gather and collaborate virtually.