Hitch Ranch Specific Plan
The proposed Specific Plan includes the development of 755 residential units (261 single-family and 494 multi-family), a six-acre public park, associated roadways and infrastructure, as well as expansive open space, detention basins, and manufactured slopes on approximately 277 acres. Hitch Ranch is generally located north of Poindexter Avenue, west of Casey Road, and extending approximately 1,700 feet to the west of Gabbert Road.
For more information about this project or to be included in future meeting announcements, please contact Douglas Spondello, Planning Manager, at Dspondello@moorparkca.gov.
Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), an Initial Study was prepared and determined that the project could potentially have a significant effect on the environment. As a result of the analysis contained in the Initial Study, an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) will be prepared.
A public review period of the Initial Study and Notice of Preparation of an EIR (see "Documents" below) has been established between July 10, 2019 and August 8, 2019. During this time, interested parties can provide comments regarding the preparation, scope, and content of the EIR to Douglas Spondello, Planning Manager via e-mail or mail to:
City of Moorpark
799 Moorpark Avenue
Moorpark, CA 93021
- Site Plan and Development Summary
- Site Plan, Landscape & Architectural Plan Set (March, 2020) - 300MB large file
- Notice of Preparation and Initial Study
- Draft Specific Plan (June, 2020)
- July 23, 2019: Planning Commission EIR Scoping Meeting
- July 8, 2020: Joint City Council and Planning Commission Workshop to Review Project and Draft Specific Plan
310-546-5781, extension 235