Can I have a shipping/storage container on my property?

For a commercial or industrial zoned property, shipping storage containers are considered “outdoor storage” and are generally prohibited. However, outdoor storage may be considered on a temporary basis through a Temporary Use Permit (TUP), when the use of the containers is in conjunction with a permitted business or construction activity.  A Temporary Use Permit, if approved, will allow the container on the property for a maximum of 90 (ninety) days, with a possible extension of an additional 90 (ninety) days.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I view Planning Commission agendas?
2. Do I Need a permit(s) from the Planning Department for my project?
3. What is the Zoning and General Plan designation of my property?
4. What Uses are Allowed on my Property?
5. How can I stay up to date on major projects in the City of Moorpark?
6. I Want to Operate a Business from my Home. Where do I start?
7. What type of fence/wall can I have on my property?
8. Can I build an Accessory Structure, Room Addition, Accessory Dwelling Unit, or Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit?
9. Can you provide me with my property dimensions?
10. I want to operate a business in the City. Where do I start?
11. What are the sign standards for my Building/Business? What steps do I need to take?
12. Can I have a shipping/storage container on my property?
13. What do I need to know about starting a food truck business?
14. What is a Temporary Use Permit (TUP), and do I need one?
15. How can I report illegal construction or business operation?