Zip Books Program Paused
California State Library end-of-year fiscal constraints have put our ZIP Books program on pause. Check back for updates on when the program will resume.
Are you looking for a book the Moorpark City Library doesn’t have?
Let us introduce you to Zip Books! With Zip Books, we can order your request and deliver it straight to your house via Amazon at no cost to you. When you are done reading, return it to the library, and we’ll put it on the shelf for everyone to enjoy.
Zip Books Details
- Patron must have a Moorpark City Library card in good standing.
- Requested items must be $50 or less pre-tax for books, $75 for audiobooks, and foreign language books.
- Material is restricted to print books and audiobooks. DVDs and textbooks are not available.
- A Zip Books order cannot be placed for a book already in our library collection. However, a different format of a library-owned book may be purchased, i.e., in audiobook or large-type format.
- Two Zip requests can be made at one time. When books are returned, new requests may be made. A total of five requests per month may be made.
- When returning, please hand Zip Books to library staff at the circulation desk. Do not use the book return slot or outside book drops.
- Zip Books that are returned damaged or not recovered will disqualify patrons from continuing use of the Zip Books Program.
How to use Zip Books:
- A request for a Zip Book can be made in person at the library, over the phone, or by submitting an online form.
- Library staff will email or call when your request is ordered and let you know when to expect the book to arrive from Amazon or notify you if it is unavailable. Please contact us at (805) 517-6370 if you don’t receive your book by the estimated date.
How do I return a Zip Book?
- When you are finished enjoying your Zip Book, return it to the staff at the circulation desk during open hours.
- Zip Books must be returned in order to request additional books.
- As a reminder, failure to adhere to the rules and guidelines of the Zip Book program may result in the loss of Zip Book borrowing privileges.
Zip Books is a statewide project of the California State Library. The Project is funded in whole or in part by the California Library Services Act. Zip Books is administered in California by the State Librarian.