What is a Temporary Use Permit (TUP), and do I need one?

A “temporary use” is one which occupies a parcel of land for a period of more than one hour within a 24- hour period. Temporary use permits (TUP) are often granted for construction signs, Christmas tree lots, community events, carnivals, and outdoor sales. Generally, TUPs are only issued for events on private property.

If you would like to hold an event in a City Park contact the Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Department for a Park Rental Permit at (805) 517-6305.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I view Planning Commission agendas?
2. Do I Need a permit(s) from the Planning Department for my project?
3. What is the Zoning and General Plan designation of my property?
4. What Uses are Allowed on my Property?
5. How can I stay up to date on major projects in the City of Moorpark?
6. I Want to Operate a Business from my Home. Where do I start?
7. What type of fence/wall can I have on my property?
8. Can I build an Accessory Structure, Room Addition, Accessory Dwelling Unit, or Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit?
9. Can you provide me with my property dimensions?
10. I want to operate a business in the City. Where do I start?
11. What are the sign standards for my Building/Business? What steps do I need to take?
12. Can I have a shipping/storage container on my property?
13. What do I need to know about starting a food truck business?
14. What is a Temporary Use Permit (TUP), and do I need one?
15. How can I report illegal construction or business operation?