What do I need to know about starting a food truck business?

If you are starting a food truck/food cart business, you will need a Business Registration.  You also need to contact the Ventura County Environmental Health Division at (805) 654-2813 regarding their requirements. 

If located on private property, you will also need to obtain a Temporary Use Permit, with up to one extension (if approved).  After that, you would be required to obtain an Administrative Permit (if approved). 

If located on a public street, you will also need to submit a Vendor Form and obtain a Badge from the City.  A vendor may not stop a vehicle for more than thirty (30) minutes in any one (1) location, unless a Temporary Use Permit has been applied for and approved.

If located at Moorpark College, food vendors do not need to obtain a Business Registration, but will need permits from Ventura County Environmental Health Division and from the college. 

Additional requirements and restrictions can be found in the Moorpark Municipal Code Section 5.64.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I view Planning Commission agendas?
2. Do I Need a permit(s) from the Planning Department for my project?
3. What is the Zoning and General Plan designation of my property?
4. What Uses are Allowed on my Property?
5. How can I stay up to date on major projects in the City of Moorpark?
6. I Want to Operate a Business from my Home. Where do I start?
7. What type of fence/wall can I have on my property?
8. Can I build an Accessory Structure, Room Addition, Accessory Dwelling Unit, or Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit?
9. Can you provide me with my property dimensions?
10. I want to operate a business in the City. Where do I start?
11. What are the sign standards for my Building/Business? What steps do I need to take?
12. Can I have a shipping/storage container on my property?
13. What do I need to know about starting a food truck business?
14. What is a Temporary Use Permit (TUP), and do I need one?
15. How can I report illegal construction or business operation?