I’d like to do business in Moorpark. What do I need to do?

Before signing a lease or commencing operation, please call the Planning Division at (805) 517 6230, or contact us via email at pneumann@moorparkca.gov. We want to help you succeed and would appreciate the opportunity to work with you early in the process to ensure the best possible outcome.

At a minimum, you will need to obtain a Business Registration from the City of Moorpark. This can be done over the counter at City Hall during our normal business hours.

Folks who intend to sell products or services door-to-door will need a Street Vendor Permit. Please email the Code Compliance Division at codecompliance@moorparkca.gov to obtain an application form and schedule an appointment for issuance.

Show All Answers

1. What are your business hours?
2. What is the best way to contact Code Compliance staff?
3. Do I need a permit?
4. Are my neighbors violating the Municipal Code?
5. I’d like to do business in Moorpark. What do I need to do?
6. Can I operate a business from my home?
7. I’d like to advertise my business with a sign. Is that okay?
8. Are my neighbors allowed to park in front of my house?
9. Can I put my trashcans or other objects in the right of way to save a parking spot?
10. Can I place building materials, a mobile storage unit (such as a POD or a shipping container) on the street?
11. Do I need a permit to put up a garden shed?
12. I’d like to get a dog/pony/chicken/wildebeest. Is that permitted in my neighborhood?
13. I’d like to rent my house on Airbnb or VRBO. Is that okay?
14. Can I convert my garage into extra dwelling space?
15. My property has been graffitied. What should I do?
16. I’m planning to have party at my house. How loud can my music be?