COVID-19: City Facilities and Services
City of Moorpark Facilities Status
As we do our part to slow the spread of the COVID-19, all City buildings are currently closed. Although some facilities were previously open for walk-in service or by appointment from Mach 2020 into January 2021, City staff will be working remotely beginning January 11, 2021. Staff will continue to be available by phone at (805) 517-6200 and through our Virtual Counter during normal business hours. Due to the realities of remote working, some services will take longer than usual - thank you for your understanding and patience. (Read an Open Letter from City Manager Troy Brown regarding the closure)
- Emergency Services: The Moorpark Police Department, Ventura County Fire Department, and Moorpark Public Works Department are all fully operational.
- Moorpark City Hall: Moorpark City Hall is currently closed.
- Please call (805) 517-6200 or visit our Virtual Counter for assistance.
- City Hall was previously re-opened for walk-in service from June 22 - July 20, and then available by appointment only from July 21 to December 11. Due to rising COVID-19 infections across Ventura County and among City staff, City Hall closed completely on January 11, 2021 as the City staff began working remotely.
- Moorpark City Library:
- Active Adult Center:The Moorpark Active Adult Center is closed until further notice. If you are over 60 years old and are in need of a daily meal, please call the Active Adult Center at (805) 517-6261 for home delivery options.
- Public Parks:
- OPEN, subject to social distancing measures:
- Parks generally: parking lots, grassy areas, fields, restrooms
- Playgrounds (see COVID-19 Playground Rules)
- Park pavilion rentals
- Hiking trails and walking trails
- Moorpark Dog Park
- Moorpark Skate Park
- Tennis and pickleball courts
- Basketball courts - for members of the same household only
- Sports fields at Arroyo Vista Community Park - for members of the same household only
- Sports leagues
- Parks and Rec. room rentals
- OPEN, subject to social distancing measures:
- Arroyo Vista Recreation Center:
- The Arroyo Vista Recreation Center offices initially re-opened on June 22, 2020, but closed beginning January 11, 2021, due to rising COVID-19 infections across Ventura County and among City staff.
- Staff is available by phone at (805) 517-6300 from 8:30AM - 6:00PM, Monday through Friday, to answer any program or rental related questions you may have.
- All sports leagues at Arroyo Vista Community Park and Recreation Center are canceled until further notice.
- Camp Moorpark is open.
- Classes and programs are open for registration.
City of Moorpark Services Status
City Hall phone service at (805) 517-6200 is available Monday-Friday, 8AM - 5PM.
Here is the status of City services at this time:
- Building & Safety, Planning, and Business Registrations: Please visit our Virtual Counter for options to obtain these services.
- Food Services at Active Adult Center: If you are over 60 years old and are in need of a daily meal, please call the Active Adult Center at (805) 517-6261 for home delivery options.
- Public Transit: Moorpark City Transit services are in operation. For additional information concerning COVID-19 and the City Bus, please visit the City’s Ride Guide page.
- On-line Requests for Service: You can still request services on-line, for potholes, streetlight outages, graffiti, and other maintenance items.
- Code Compliance: You may file an on-line report at any time. City staff is responding to life/safety issues.
- Animal Licenses: Animal Licensing services have been suspended at City Hall. Animal licensing services are available through Ventura County Animal Services website.
- Parking Violations: Parking violations may also be paid by credit card at www.parkingticketpayment.com/moorpark.. For questions about parking violations, please call (805) 517-6200.
- Parking Restrictions:
- Street Sweeping: Now that we are in rainy season, the City is enforcing street sweeping parking restrictions at this time to prevent stormdrain blockages. Please check www.moorparkca.gov/StreetSweeping for updates.
- Permit Parking Only: The City is not enforcing permit parking only requirements at this time.
- Public Works Counter: Public Works general counter services are currently available by telephone (805-517-6200) or by E-mail.
City of Moorpark Events Status
The following City major events and programs have been postponed or canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Moorpark Has Talent (March 13): Canceled. Please hold on to your Moorpark Has Talent tickets! Tickets will be required to receive a refund. All refunds will be provided in cash after our Recreation Division offices reopen. Please check back for updates.
- All Youth and Adult Sports Leagues: Postponed Until Further Notice