Join the Conversation: Striving to Preserve and Improve the Quality of Life in Moorpark
Moorpark prides itself on being a safe, well-maintained community where we can live, do business, and raise a family. We must work together to recover as a community following this national emergency.
Now more than ever, residents are relying on the critical services that Moorpark provides, including 9-1-1 response and other emergency services. The City must ensure Moorpark is prepared for ANY medical or catastrophic emergency. We will continue to put your health/safety and our businesses first, and keep you updated through these unprecedented times.
Moorpark has responded quickly to this emergency. On March 13, 2020, the City of Moorpark issued a Proclamation of Local Emergency. This proclamation temporarily relaxes the City’s purchasing requirements to allow us to acquire goods and services at a moment’s notice, enhancing our ability to protect the public’s safety. Adoption of the emergency proclamation is also required for cost reimbursement from national or state agencies for expenses we incur as we undertake to combat COVID-19.
The City has also set up an information portal for Moorpark-specific information at www.moorparkca.gov/COVID19, which will contain the latest up to date information on City facilities and services.
While we are hard at work today to secure safety in the present moment, we must effectively plan for the future. Your neighbors have provided the following feedback on what priorities should be:
- Preparing for ANY medical or catastrophic emergency
- Providing quick responses to 9-1-1 emergencies
- Preventing cuts to public safety
- Keeping parks and public areas safe and clean
- Fixing streets and repairing potholes
- Mitigate traffic and reduce traffic congestion to ensure rapid 9-1-1 response
- Helping local businesses recover
- Supporting local residents and families through recovery.
Join the Conversation
In these challenging times for us all, we need to continue to hear from you. Please #TellMeMoor about YOUR priorities for keeping #MoorparkTogether by completing a Community Feedback Survey:
- Community Feedback Survey (On-Line)
- Community Feedback Survey (Download and Print)
- Community Feedback Survey (Spanish - Download and Print)
If you have any questions, we are always here to help. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions or reach out to the City at (805) 517-6200 or JoinTheConversation@moorparkca.gov.