The City's Smoking Ordinance (Moorpark Municipal Code Chapter 8.32) applies to the smoking of cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes (vaping), marijuana, and other similar devices. The ordinance was last updated in January 2018.
The ordinance prohibits smoking in the following locations:
- Sidewalks and bikeways
- Inside public buildings and within 25 feet of the entrance, exit, or open window of a public building
- Inside apartment units and apartment buildings (Trifold Brochure)
- Common areas in residential developments
- Parks, athletic fields, playgrounds, trails, recreational areas, and publicly-owned open space
- Public places within shopping centers
- Places of employment and work sites
- Schools, family day care facilities, and residential care homes
- Dining areas
- Buses, taxis, and public transit facilities
- Public restrooms
To report a violation of the City's smoking ordinance, you may contact the Moorpark Police Department at (805) 532-2700 or the City's Code Compliance Division at (805) 517-6232.