Classes & Programs
The day and time of all AAC programs and classes can be found on the current AAC calendar.
The Walking/Hiking Club Outings are on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. Please click HERE for the upcoming updated schedule.
Please call the AAC front desk with any questions at (805)517-6261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bocce Ball - Played May through October, this classic game, whose modern adaptation most closely resembles bowling, is led by volunteers and is played at Tierra Rejada Park. A fun, quickly learned game.
- Line Dance - Dance your way into better health while learning how to line dance. This volunteer-led class teaches techniques and the latest steps from the Electric Slide to the Texas Waltz in a low impact country line dance class for older adults.
- Strength Training - Build better bones and work your muscles to improve balance, endurance, and strength. Learn these strength building techniques using light weights and exercise equipment.
- Tai Chi - This volunteer-led class directs you through a gentle series of moves, which improves strength, balance, and flexibility.
- Yoga - This class, led by a volunteer from the Yoga Bharati Institute, leads participants through a series of moves that focus on building strength, endurance, and flexibility.
- Bingo - This MSCI-sponsored weekly game is played on Thursdays. For the $15 fee, participants get 10 games and refreshments during the break. Additional sheets may be purchased.
- Computer Lab - Computer-literate older adults are welcome to use the lab during regular lab hours.
- Gourd Art - Learn the art of gourd painting and decoration. Acquire the skills and learn the techniques of wood burning, incising designs, and painting on these dried gourds to create memorial art pieces.
- Knitting and Crochet - Join in the fun. Group meets to knit, crochet, socialize, and share techniques and tips, as well as to share lots of laughs. All levels of skill welcome.
- Mah Jongg - This rummy-like game is played with tiles instead of cards and is a volunteer-led program. Learn to play by watching other players play, and then join in.
- Pinochle - Group meets weekly to play this fun and challenging card game.
- Poker - Try your luck at the traditional card game of poker. Compete against other players using chips.
- Recorder Group - Weekly instruction on how to play this easy-to-learn wind instrument. More advanced students participate in local performances.
- Guitar Group - This group meets weekly to practice guitar and socialize. Bring your guitar and stop by!