- You Are Here:
- City Services
- Housing Programs
- Helpful Housing Resources
- Resources for Renters
Resources for Renters
Affordable Rental Properties
There are currently five apartment complexes in Moorpark that offer a limited number of rent-restricted units for low income persons and seniors. For more information: "Affordable Rental Properties".
Housing Rights Center
The City of Moorpark, as a jurisdiction within Ventura County, contracts with the Housing Rights Center (HRC) to provide FREE fair housing education and outreach, landlord/ tenant counseling, and discrimination investigation services to its residents.
The HRC is the nation's largest non-profit civil rights organization dedicated to securing and promoting Fair Housing. If you or someone you know has been the victim of housing discrimination, please contact the HRC below at:
Contact the Housing Rights Center:
(800) 477-5977 or (213)-201-0867 (TTY)
Fair Housing Guides
- Housing Rights Center Services (English/ Spanish)
- Landlords & Fair Housing Brochure (English/ Spanish)
- California Tenant Protection Act Explained (English/ Spanish)
- Families & Fair Housing (English/ Spanish)
- Disability & Fair Housing (English/ Spanish)
Area Housing Authority of the County of Ventura
The Section 8 or Housing Choice Voucher Program, is a federally funded housing assistance program that is managed by local public housing authorities. Section 8 housing in Moorpark is managed by the Area Housing Authority of the County of Ventura (AHACV). The AHACV also owns and manages several units, which are designated for low income or elderly/disabled households.
(805) 480-9991 or (805) 480-9119 (TTY)
Assistance with Utility Payments?
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a federally funded program aimed to assist low-income households that pay a high portion of their income to meet their energy needs. LIHEAP is funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Community Services. More information is available at (866) 675-6623 or at the California Department of Community Services & Development website.
- Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is a federally funded program that provides financial assistance to low-income households who have struggled to make water and/or wastewater payments prior to and during the COVID-19 pandemic. LIHWAP drinking water and wastewater benefits are scheduled to be available in June 2022. More information is available at the California Department of Community Services & Development website.
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GAS COMPANY: SoCalGas has set up a series of assistance programs for those having trouble paying their bills.
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON: Southern California Edison is suspending service disconnections and waiving late fees by request. More information is available at the SCE website.
- CLEAN POWER ALLIANCE: Clean Power Alliance is offering one-time bill credits to eligible residential and small business customers. More information is available at the CPA website.
The California COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium ended March 31, 2022.
How the Eviction Process Works in California