COVID-19: For Businesses
SUBSCRIBE TO THE CITY’S M-POWERED ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEWSLETTER
The City is offering regular COVID-19 updates, free webinars, and the latest opportunities through its free M-Powered Economic Development Newsletter. Visit www.moorparkca.gov/Mpowered to view recent editions and subscribe to future editions of M-Powered.
BUSINESS RE-OPENING INFORMATION
If you are re-opening your commercially-based business in Moorpark for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic began, here is the process to re-open.
- Check the California Blueprint for a Safer Economy website to see if your type of business is allowed to open in Ventura County. As Ventura County moves into better tiers, additional business types are allowed to re-open.
- Visit the Ventura County Re-Opens website and review the State and County Guidance for your business type. Guidance is listed A to Z, and has everything from Agriculture to Zoos.
- Complete a Business Attestation to register your business with Ventura County as an open business and confirming you are complying with COVID-19 prevention efforts. A friendly site inspection by a City or County Business Ambassador may follow to confirm you are complying.
- Print and post the County's COVID-19 Hotline Flyer in a prominent location in your business so it's visible to your customers and employees.
EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS OUTDOORS
With many businesses limited to outdoor-only activities, the City has created free permit processes and discounted facility rentals for businesses expanding outdoors due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Visit our Virtual Counter for information on free Outdoor Dining Permits for restaurants to expand into sidewalks and parking lots.
- Visit our Virtual Counter for information on free Outdoor Commercial Services Permits for other commercial activities, such as martial arts schools, dance schools, and salon services.
- Contact our Recreation Division to get discounted rental rates for athletic fields/courts and open grass areas at City-owned parks: (805) 517-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (View flyer with discounted rates)
DOCUMENTS TO HELP BUSINESSES
We’ve compiled resources to help your business through the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Information for Business Owners/Managers:
- Flyers to Post for Your Employees:
LOCAL COVID-19 RESOURCE GUIDE
We are also continuously updating the Ventura/Santa Barbara County region COVID-19 Business Resource Guide for Employers, Self-Employed, and Employees. The guide contains information on:
• For Employers and Self-Employed:
- Webinar series and recordings about resources available to help businesses
- FREE business consulting
- PPP application assistance and Loan Forgiveness assistance
- EIDL application assistance
- Unemployment benefits
- Access to business and personal financing, grants, and loans
- What businesses should be doing now to prevent the spread of COVID-19
• For Employees:
- How to apply for unemployment benefits
- Understand Disability and Paid Family Leave
- How to get tax filing extensions
- Search CalJOBS for current job openings
BUSINESS RESOURCE HOTLINE
If you would like to speak to a live person for advice, please call the Economic Development Collaborative’s Business Resource Hotline at (805) 409-9159. We are doing our best to make a live person immediately available.
UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS FOR SELF-EMPLOYED, 1099 INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, AND GIG ECONOMY WORKERS
The California Employment Development Department (EDD) launched its Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program on April 28. The program extends unemployment benefits to self-employed individuals, 1099 independent contractors, and gig economy workers (such as Uber/Lyft drivers and DoorDash/GrubHub drivers).
CURRENT COVID-19 CASES IN MOORPARK AND VENTURA COUNTY
Every afternoon, the Ventura County Public Health Department posts updated figures for the number of COVID-19 cases in Moorpark and across Ventura County at venturacountyrecovers.org.
CITY SERVICES IMPACTED BY COVID-19
For a full list of City services and how to access them, please visit this website.