COVID-19: For Businesses
CAN MY BUSINESS OPEN?
California "re-opened" on June 15. All businesses are now authorized to open, with no social distancing limits and with no COVID-19 related occupancy limits in effect. However, businesses may voluntarily ask customers and employees to practice social distancing or limit occupancies.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE CITY’S M-POWERED ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEWSLETTER
The City is offering regular COVID-19 updates, free webinars, and the latest opportunities through its free M-Powered Economic Development Newsletter. Visit www.moorparkca.gov/Mpowered to view recent editions and subscribe to future editions of M-Powered.
EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS OUTDOORS
Even with California re-opened, the City offers free permit processes and discounted facility rentals for businesses expanding outdoors due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Visit our Virtual Counter for information on free Outdoor Dining Permits for restaurants to expand into sidewalks and parking lots.
- Visit our Virtual Counter for information on free Outdoor Commercial Services Permits for other commercial activities, such as martial arts schools, dance schools, and salon services.
- Contact our Recreation Division to get discounted rental rates for athletic fields/courts and open grass areas at City-owned parks: (805) 517-6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (View flyer with discounted rates)
DOCUMENTS TO HELP BUSINESSES
We’ve compiled resources to help your business through the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Information for Business Owners/Managers:
LOCAL COVID-19 RESOURCE GUIDE
We are also continuously updating the Ventura/Santa Barbara County region COVID-19 Business Resource Guide for Employers, Self-Employed, and Employees. The guide contains information on:
• For Employers and Self-Employed:
- Webinar series and recordings about resources available to help businesses
- FREE business consulting
- PPP application assistance and Loan Forgiveness assistance
- EIDL application assistance
- Unemployment benefits
- Access to business and personal financing, grants, and loans
- What businesses should be doing now to prevent the spread of COVID-19
• For Employees:
- How to apply for unemployment benefits
- Understand Disability and Paid Family Leave
- How to get tax filing extensions
- Search CalJOBS for current job openings
BUSINESS RESOURCE HOTLINE
If you would like to speak to a live person for advice, please call the Economic Development Collaborative’s Business Resource Hotline at (805) 409-9159. We are doing our best to make a live person immediately available.