First Time Homebuyer Workshops
The City of Moorpark will be holding two workshops to inform potential first time home buyers about two moderate income affordable homes available in the City, as well as inform potential buyers in the very low and low income categories about the program and create a priority list for future opportunities. Interested buyers must attend one of these workshops even if they have attended a previous City first time homebuyer workshop. Seating is limited. Advance reservations are required.
PLEASE NOTE: Workshop registration is now closed! To be notified about future workshops, please email Housing (click here), with your name and telephone number. Notifications are made by email ONLY.
First Time Homebuyer Program income classifications are based on gross annual income (income before tax deductions, including all bonuses, overtime, commissions, etc.) of all household members, based on family size:
Number in Household
|Very Low Income|
$56,801 - $80,650
$35,501 - $56,800
|$21,301 - $35,500|
$64,901 - $92,150
$40,601 - $64,900
|$24,351 - $40,600|
$73,001 - $103,700
$45,651 - $73,000
|$27,401 - $45,650|
$81,101 - $115,200
$50,701 - $81,100
|$30,401 - $50,700|
$87,601 - $124,400
$54,801 - $87,600
|$32,851 - $54,800|
Workshops will be held on the following date(s):
- Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. (REGISTRATION FULL. NO walk-in reservations will be accepted)
Advance reservations are required. Valid picture identification will be required at check-in.
Workshops will be held at: Moorpark City Hall Community Center, 799 Moorpark Avenue, Moorpark
Spanish translation will be provided. Traducción al español será proporcionada en los talleres.
Additional Program Requirements:
- All applicants must attend the workshop.
- A $100 non-refundable application fee will be required with the pre-screening application.
- Applicants must not have previously owned a home, condominium, townhouse, mobile home, property of any kind, or have been on title with anyone (such as being a co-signer) for the last SEVEN (7) years.
- Applicants must be able to show seasoned (3 months) savings/down payment funds of at least 3% of the $393,250 purchase price ($11,798).
- Applicants must have good credit.