Fare collection on all Moorpark City Transit Services (Bus & Dial-a-Ride) will resume on Monday, April 11, 2022. For additional information click here.
COVID Updates:(April 19, 2022)
Following a federal court decision, masks are no longer required to board public transportation. Per CDC recommendation, masks are encouraged while riding public transportation. Our drivers will provide a mask for any passenger who request for one.
Public Transit Division
- Moorpark Transit - The local fixed route bus for general transportation. Monday through Friday service offers two bus routes, which operate 6:15 am to 6:00 pm. In October 2010, the City began operating CNG buses for a cleaner and greener transit system.
- Paratransit - Local ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Paratransit in the form of dial-a-ride vehicles for persons with disabilities who are certified by City and VCTC to use the system. Travel within the City is provided 6:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. Inter-City Paratransit (subsidized origin to destination transit to Agoura Hills, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Oak Park and Westlake Village, and transfers to Gold Coast Transit and LA Access is available. This service is offered from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday and 8:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturdays.
- Senior Dial-A-Ride - Dial-A-Ride service for seniors aged 65 and over. The senior Dial-A-Ride operates the same as the Paratransit service, with the exception that the Senior Dial-A-Ride service does not transfer with LA Access. Hours are 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday and 8:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturdays.
- VCTC East County & East-West Connector Services - These inter-city express bus services connect Moorpark to much of the rest of Ventura County. The East County connects Moorpark, Moorpark College, Simi Valley, and Thousand Oaks. The East-West Connector provides services between Moorpark, Simi Valley, Somis, Camarillo, Oxnard, and Ventura. Both routes meet other VCTC routes, linking all Ventura County cities, and CSUCI.
- Metrolink - The Ventura County Line of the regional commuter rail service goes from Montalvo (Ventura) to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles. This division manages the maintenance of the Moorpark Metrolink Station and interacts with the Southern California Regional Rail Authority (SCRRA).
Transportation Development Act
The City began financing the bus service in January, 1989 with the 1/4 cent sales tax authorized by the Transportation Development Act (TDA). Article 8c: TDA funds are used for the public transit programs along with developer fees except when other funding sources such as grants are available. General fund revenue has not traditionally been used for public transit in significant amounts.